Professional Development Series
To learn more about great events coming up
PDS workshops and seminars are listed on CSEP News & Events
Subscribe to our center calendar
RSVP with the form here to attend the PDS events
Subscribe to our PDS email list If you are off-campus, please use campus VPN or contact program coordinators.
CSEP together with multiple groups, departments, faculty and staff at UCSB offers an intensive Professional Development Series that focuses on the knowledge and practical experience essential for the success of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars and their future varied careers in science, engineering and mathematics.
The program covers topics such as:
- Basic skills (e.g., writing, time management)
- Communication skills (e.g., science presentation, teaching, grant writing)
- Career skills (e.g., career awareness, networking)
Workshop and seminars are usually offered bi-weekly, are approximately 1-2 hours in duration, and are led by professionals in the field or faculty from various STEM departments.
- Center for Bioengineering
- Beyond Academia at UCSB
- Graduate Division
- Graduate Students for Diversity in Science (GSDS)
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) Graduate Chapter at UCSB
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE)
- and many others . . .