SIMS Program now recruiting Student Coordinator
The SIMS program is now recruiting a student coordinator to work on the 2020-21 SIMS program. SIMS is a 3-week academic preparation and researcher training program for newly admitted UCSB first-year students majoring in science and engineering. For program information please visit the website.
The SIMS Student Coordinator organizes and supervises all program planning before and during SIMS (logistics, student recruitment and selection), along with supporting program development and implementation in partnership with the SIMS Director, instructors, research mentors, and undergraduate peer mentors. The Coordinator manages engagement with SIMS Scholars to ensure SIMS program goals are met.
- UCSB Junior/Senior science or engineering major
- Leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Mentoring experience and familiarity with UCSB resources
- Ability to communicate effectively one-to-one and in a group setting with students, parents, staff, and faculty
- Comfortable with virtual communication and task management platforms (Zoom, Slack)
- Familiarity working with first-gen students and those historically underrepresented in STEM disciplines
Details and Benefits
- Hourly position F/W/S/Su: 200 hrs, plus full-time during
- 3-week program (Aug. 15 - Sept. 3, 2021)
- Develop project and staff management skills
- Hone leadership, public speaking, communication, program development, time management and organizational skills
Contact Miguel Guillen, SIMS Coordinator <firstname.lastname@example.org>