CSEP Evaluation provides critical support to STEM research centers and projects by providing them with evidence of their success as well as useful information for program improvement.
We are experienced in:
- Working with PIs during the proposal stage, including support with developing measureable goals
- Developing evaluation and education research plans for a variety of budgets and needs
- Evaluating projects that span the STEM disciplines and audiences from K-12/Community through faculty, as well as projects that focus on education, training, professional development, and broader impacts
- Providing external evaluation and education research services to non-UCSB partners
When to contact us?
The best time to start working with us is when you decide you will be submitting a proposal. At that stage, we are able to provide:
- Support with developing measurable goals and indicators of success
- A written evaluation and/or education research plan for your proposal, carefully customized to your program’s needs and budget
Our services are complimentary at the proposal stage, and will help you submit a stronger and more competitive proposal. However, we join projects at all stages, including ones that have already been running. Please contact us to discuss how we can support your project with our evaluation service.
Cost of Services
Annual evaluation and education research budgets (direct costs) are typically $5,000-$35,000 depending on the range of the overall budget and type of evaluation services required. We bill monthly through our recharge system. Billing starts once your funding starts.
Currently our recharge rates are set as follows for the 2017-18 fiscal year:
- $97/hour for UC-based projects
- $150/hour for external projects
Our recharge rates increase annually each July 1 due to UC instituted cost of living increases and scheduled merit increases, but we factor these increases into our evaluation budgets we prepare so you will not be caught off-guard. Because we are part of the UC system, the UC rate does not include overhead.