Professional Development Series
CSEP together with multiple groups, departments, faculty and staff at UCSB offers an intensive Professional Development Series that focuses on the knowledge and practical experience essential for the success of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars and their future varied careers in science, engineering and mathematics.
The program covers topics such as:
- Basic skills (e.g., writing, time management)
- Communication skills (e.g., science presentation, networking)
- Job skills (e.g., CV, resume, interviewing)
- Advanced skills (e.g., teaching, grant writing)
- Ethics of research series organized by the Office of Research
- Careers in Science and Engineering Seminars
Workshops are offered bi-weekly, are approximately 2 hours in duration, and are led by professionals in the field or faculty from various STEM departments.
- Center for Bioengineering
- Beyond Academia at UCSB
- Graduate Division
- Graduate Students for Diversity in Science (GSDS)
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) Graduate Chapter at UCSB
- Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE)
- and many others . . .