11. I am a K-12 teacher - what resources and programs does CNSI offer?
We currently have after-school clubs, Ultimate Family Science Exploration Events, Field trips to our Science Center, and will attend Elementary School Science programs to the best of our ability. Please see our programs listing for K-12. The Apprentice Researchers program provides opportunities for teachers to conduct scientific research. For 4-weeks each summer, high school students and one teacher get the opportunity to work in CSEP research labs to complete a science project. For more information, please contact Lubi Lenaburg.
The following science and engineering research centers and academic departments at UCSB also have a number of resources for teachers:
- Materials Research Laboratory (including a Research Experience for Teachers program)
- Nanotech (including a Research Experience for Teachers program)
- Physics Department Community Science Center
- Marine Science Institute - Research Experience and Education Facility (REEF)
- Chemistry Department Outreach Program