New UCSB SACNAS Career Pathways Program
The UCSB Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) Career Pathways Program is currently accepting grant applications for travel/experience dates through August 31, 2021. The goal of the program is to provide opportunities for students to engage in professional development or training that will inform and prepare them for post-graduation career opportunities or advanced academic pursuits.
Submit by these deadlines to receive priority consideration:
- Fall quarter: September 24, 2020
- Winter quarter: January 8, 2021
- Spring quarter: April 2, 2021
- All currently enrolled full-time UCSB STEM majors
- US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Priority will be given to students who demonstrate financial need and/or identify as being from a group underrepresented in their discipline
Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply for these grants to support opportunities including, but not limited to:
- Attending or presenting at scientific conferences (e.g., SACNAS, SHPE, NSBE, APS, AAAS, etc.)
- Visits to graduate school programs
- Group visits to job shadow at a company
Questions? Please contact M. Ofelia Aguirre Paden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See Flyer for details.